So you think you don't take good photos?
Updated: Feb 29
It might surprise that 2 out of 3 of these lovely ladies above expressed that exact sentiment! Many of us really believe that we don't take good photos,that we are not photogenic. But is that true? Or have we had our confidence knocked over the years,seeing many random pictures of ourselves taken by non-photographers?
This blog will explore a few reasons why maybe some of our photographs, are somewhat lacking the desired effect....!
* Never underestimate having a good rapport with your photographer. Communicate freely with him/her, expressing what you desire from your photographic experience. We personally get together with our clients over coffee & biscuits, spending time with them, putting them at ease, so that when we take their wedding photographs we have a connection with them which is invaluable.
* If you love natural candid photography, then loose yourself, have fun, give over to emotion & forget the camera is there!
* For a more staged photo, ladies put your hand on your hip, angle your body to the side & turn your head towards the camera, the results are a flattering, complimentary look.
*To avoid a double chin, elongate your neck & push your face forward a bit, it might feel a bit award but it's worth practising this, it works!
*Good posture always results it better photos, so shoulders back, breathe in that tummy!
* Practise putting your tongue behind your teeth when you smile, to avoid any goofy grins.
* For those of us who wear makeup, always add a little extra foundation before photos are taken, your skin will look better for it in your images.
*Curled lashes & mascara are a must, as this opens up & frames your eyes, the focal part of the picture, so you want to maximise the impact of those peepers!
*Fill in your eye brows, defined brows strengthen your features, conveying beauty & emotion.
* Blusher is essential! A touch of colour to the apple of your cheeks, temples & jaw line gives an instant radiant glow....it has a slimming effect & results in a very appealing & attractive look.
* And finally RELAX, the camera picks up on tension, so smile at your looked ones & be happy.....X
Like our photos & would like to know more? Please feel free to contact us via the website or on 07848983328
We look forward to hearing from you!
Norbert Campbell Photography.